Phone: 212-777-7113   Email:

Commercial Insurance

Every business is unique in its risks and liabilities when it comes to insurance. There’s a wide range of coverage types that are necessary for different industries. The following is a brief outline of the types of business insurance coverage that our carriers provide:

Honig Conte Porrino provides the following types of Business Insurance Protection:

Honig Conte Porrino provides the following types of Business Insurance Protection:

Commercial Auto Insurance

Any vehicle that you use for your business should likely be insured by a commercial auto policy. Even if the vehicle is registered to you personally, if it’s used for any business purposes, you may be putting yourself, and others, at risk by not having adequate insurance protection.

Business Owners Package (BOP)

Business owners who are looking for insurance coverage often turn to Business Owners Package (BOP) policies, which contain many of the basic types of coverage that a small business requires. These packages usually include business property insurance for your building and its contents, and liability insurance for the operation of your business.

Some BOP insurance policies offer business income and extra expense protection, but not all do. Business Owners Package policies do not include workers’ compensation, professional liability, or commercial vehicle coverage.

Directors & Officers Liability

In the event that a director or officer of your company is sued in conjunction with the performance of his or her work duties, Directors and Officers Liability insurance provides you with financial protection.

Directors and Officers Liability insurance is not the same as Errors and Omissions Liability, for which it is often confused. Errors and Omissions pertains to your products and services, and any performance failures or negligence related to them. Directors and Officers Liability focuses on the performance and duties of your management staff. These are both recommended policies for a business to carry.

Employment Practices Liability (EPLI)

You need to be prepared for any claims your employees may make against you or your company. Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) provides you with the protection you need for any claims resulting from the general conduct of your business. EPLI will cover employee-related claims regarding:

  • Discrimination
  • Wrongful Discharge
  • Sexual Harassment
  • Hostile Working Environment
  • Wrongful Termination
  • Lack of Advancement

Investment Property Insurance

Owning and insuring a home is one thing, but what about any other investment property you may have? Homeowners insurance won’t cover additional properties that you’ve invested in—they require separate Investment Property Insurance policies. If accidents or natural disasters cause damage to your investment property, having inadequate insurance coverage can prove to be a costly mistake.

Not only do you need to insure the property itself, but it’s likely that you also require liability coverage. Whether you’re there or not, if people get hurt on your property, you may be responsible for any injuries they sustain. Additionally, you could be liable for any personal property damage incurred by visitors.

Liquor Liability Insurance

Does your company manufacture, distribute, or sell liquor or other alcoholic beverages? When your company supplies alcohol to consumers, in any capacity, there’s an inherent liability risk. If your business is one of the following, you need Liquor Liability Insurance:

  • Bar
  • Tavern
  • Nightclub
  • Fraternal Club
  • Convenience Store
  • Liquor Store
  • Restaurant

Professional Liability Insurance (Errors & Omissions)

Professional Liability Insurance, commonly referred to as Errors and Omissions Insurance, is a type of policy that protects you and your company in the event that a client alleges they have suffered a financial loss as a result of something your company did while delivering your professional services. General Liability (GL) is different from Professional Liability (PL), because GL generally covers bodily injuries or property damage, whereas PL provides retribution for financial loss.

Restaurant Insurance

Nowadays, virtually anything can happen on a daily basis in the restaurant industry, so you need to be protected from any unexpected event that may occur.

From tiny mom-and-pop coffee shops to national chain restaurants, lawsuits can arise over almost anything. Whether someone feels ill after they’ve eaten something you sold them, or someone spills hot coffee on themselves, restaurant owners need adequate liability insurance to cover all potential risks. Let Honig Conte Porrino connect you with the insurance company that specializes in the commercial restaurant coverage that you need for your unique risks.

Eligible classes include, but are not limited to:

  • Fine Dining
  • Casual Dining
  • Fast Food
  • Ethnic Cuisine
  • Delicatessen
  • Coffee Shop
  • Micro Brewery

Special Event Insurance

Special events are a ton of fun, but they also open you up to a slew of liability risks. Whether you’re planning a corporate event, holding a large rock concert, or organizing a local flower festival, you’ll require Special Event Insurance to make sure that unexpected issues don’t rain on your parade by costing you big-time.

Set your company up for success by covering all your bases with an adequate Special Event Insurance policy!

Surety Bonds

In many instances, a job may require you to secure a surety bond before you can be hired. Don’t miss out on great work opportunities because you aren’t adequately bonded! We work with many of the country’s top-rated surety companies to secure:

  • Contract Payment and Performance Bonds
  • Fidelity Bonds on Employees
  • Code Compliance Bonds
  • Judicial and Court Bonds, including estate guardianship and repletion bonds
  • Professional Service Bonds

Technology Insurance

Did you know that while your General Liability policy covers property damage, it’s likely that only constitutes physical damage, which leaves you susceptible to a number of technology-related risks? There are very few industries that aren’t heavily dependent on technology these days, which means it’s important to have the right insurance to protect your tech.

From issues with faulty software and inappropriate tech advice to misconfigured firewalls, inadequate anti-virus protection, or hardware failures, there is a world full of technology-related risks that could send your whole business into a fatal downward spiral. Claims regarding tech issues are rapidly increasing, and have resulted in companies, both large and small, facing costly liability lawsuits.

Wholesalers & Distributors Insurance

Wholesalers and distributors face a unique set of risks when it comes to insuring their business operations. Honig Conte Porrino offers a broad range of coverage options that are cost-effective and perfectly tailored to meet the needs of any wholesaling or distributing company.

Our Wholesalers and Distributors packages include detailed risk assessment to ensure that your policy caters specifically to all of your individual needs. We also offer loss control expertise to help reduce your insurance costs, and are experienced in helping businesses of all sizes—from small suppliers to large distributors.